Photographer Model ExtravaganzaFeaturing VIP Guests and at Least 15 Models on 300-Plus Acres!
Photographer Model Extravaganza
The Americano Dream, second annual photographer model extravaganza featuring the dynamic duo, professional photographers Rolando and Stephanie Gomez, plus VIP guests and up to 10 models!
The goal is to have Rolando and Stephanie’s photographer model extravaganza take your photography to the next level through photography, fun and creative activities—this isn’t a workshop, it’s an extravaganza!
Instructors: Rolando Gomez, professional photographer and author; Stephanie Gomez, professional photographer—the father/daughter Americano Dream Team with over 40-years photography experience combined along with assignments in 44 countries.
With seven books authored, five in the photography genre, plus publication credits in Newsweek, Playboy, Huffington Post, Parade, Sports Illustrated, Maxim, New York Times, Rangefinder, PhotoInsider, Photo District News, Leica World News, and many other publications plus clients like Maloof Sports and Entertainment (Sacramento Kings Dance Team Calendar), St. Martin’s Press, Keller Cresent Advertising Agency, Netscape.com, AOL/Time Warner, Evan Williams Bourbon, etc., how can you go wrong?
VIP Instructor: Magnum photographer, author plus film director Eli Reed. Reed is a Sony Global Imaging Ambassador as well as a recipient of the World Press Award and Overseas Press Club Award. Reed was honored with a Lucie Foundation Award in Documentary Photography in 2011.
In 2015, Reed’s work was exhibited at the prestigious Visa pour L’ image Festival Du Photoreportage in Pepignan, France. In October, 2015, Reed was invited to speak at the Schaumburg Center for Research in Black Culture as part of their “Visually Speaking” series. In January, 2016, Reed was a keynote speaker at National Geographic Magazine’s Photography Seminar in Washington, D.C.
Reed has lectured and taught at the International Center of Photography, Columbia University, New York University, and Harvard University. He currently works as Clinical Professor of Photojournalism at the University of Texas in Austin. Complete bio on Wikipedia: Eli Reed Bio
Location: A private 300-plus acre farm in the North Cherokee area, about an hour to an hour and a half, depending on traffic, northwest of Atlanta. Recommended hotel booking areas are Canton or Cummings, Georgia. These two suburbs puts you within 30-minutes of this secluded location. Location is given only to “paid” attendees.
Itinerary: All subject to change, but we’ll do our best to follow the itinerary set forth below.
Friday, May 5th—Our opening ceremony is Friday evening at 6:30 p.m. At that time our VIP guests, models and photographers are introduced. This is a working pasta-dinner night as we want you to build up your carbs for the energy you’ll need for the next two days that will follow. We will use this evening to meet, greet, and network too.
Saturday, May 6th—We start at 8:00 a.m. with a lecture and lighting demonstration by Rolando and Stephanie Gomez followed by a special presentation from Magnum Photographer Eli Reed. After a short break, we’ll begin the first round of photographing beautiful models individually. While the photographers are broken down into three small groups, each photographer in each group will photograph models individually.
We’ll then break for our “food truck” catered lunch from the famous “Highway Chef,” followed by individual photo critiques of what you’ve captured. During this constructive photo critique sessions the models will change, plus have their make-up retouched and hair styled as needed.
There will also be a live, indoor studio presentation on the impact of lighting correctly, indoors—every location is a studio but we’ll stay cool indoors on this one. You will photograph models during this presentation.
We’ll take a short break, then the groups will head out to various locations on this beautiful property with each group leader for more individual model shooting. We’ll focus also on capturing the Golden Hour, and after that capture, we’ll get ready for the “Q,” aka the BBQ!
This is a catered dinner with non-alcoholic drinks. You may bring alcoholic drinks at your own risk! We don’t want drunk drivers! Shortly after dinner, get ready for a little “hoedown” dancing and fun, or simply just professional networking conversations.
Sunday, May 7th—We start at 10:00 a.m. with a photo critique of your best image by Rolando, Stephanie and Eli. We will then break for lunch followed by photography of the models individually. We will do photography into the Golden Hour.
Secure Your Spot Now! We are limiting the amount of photographers attending so there is never less than a two to one ratio of models and photographers. We will divide the photographers into three groups, and circulate each group through each instructor at least once. Within the groups will be two-man teams so that each photographer can take their photos individually of each model. Once this photographer model extravaganza event is sold-out, it’s sold out! This is the early-bird price, prices will go up soon, so don’t delay, book now before it’s too late!
Please use the PayPal button below. We’ve used PayPal securely for 16-years. You must be over 18-years of age to attend. We have two options, one option is “photographer only” and the other option is “photographer plus guest.” Guests are not allowed to model for other photographers or photograph our models. Again, secure your slot now before it’s too late, once this photographer model extravaganza is sold-out, we’re sold-out! This PayPal button is only to secure your slot into this event. This does not include model release, optional fees.
Price includes admission fee, Fri. through Sat. dinners, lunch on Sat. and Sun., non-alcoholic drinks. Lodging and travel expenses are not included. You are responsible for your own lodging and travel expenses. Model releases are optional at the end of the photographer model extravaganza for an additional charge. You are attending at your own risk as we’ll be shooting outdoors.
Discounts: Currently there are no individual discounts for this event, however we do offer a “bring a friend” option so you may bring your significant other, or spouse to the photographer model extravaganza for an additional $50 that covers the entire event. Your companion however is not allowed to model for other photographers or to photograph any of our models attending this event. They may however assist you when you’re photographing any of our models.
Additional Requirements for the Photographer Model Extravaganza—Atlanta You must be 18 years of age or older to attend.
- You must be physically fit enough to walk a city block and lift 25 lbs. We will have some Hensel battery portable lighting equipment and California Sunbounce reflectors. You are also encouraged to bring your own flash units, or any lighting equipment you prefer. You must provide your own camera, lenses, and all accessories for your camera system.
- You must have the passion to photograph up to 10 beautiful models and patient enough for them to change into wardrobe. The type of photography is fashion, glamour, and beauty; nudes or implied nudes are possible, but limited. The ability for nude photography is left up to each individual model, not all models do nudes.
- There will be some mandatory down time during the middle of the day to allow models to prepare for the next shoot after lunch. Use this time to recharge your camera batteries, download your images to your storage devices/computer, etc.
- Camera requirements are any type of camera, preferably 35mm DSLR, SLR, mirrorless, medium or large format is optional. Lens focal range, from 24mm to 300mm, though a typical 70-200mm lens is all you need. A back-up drive to download your images and/or laptop computer is highly recommended. We will provide radio triggers for our battery packs, though not required, we recommend a standard or classic Pocket Wizard radio transmitter.
- Professionalism is required as we’re there to capture beautiful images of beautiful models in a beautiful location. Safety is number one. We will have some fun and great times, but the focus is great photos!
- All sign-ups are non-refundable. Once you lock in a spot, we can only try to help you find someone to replace you if you cannot attend, however, there is no guarantee and so if you sign-up plan accordingly so you will not have to cancel. We will look at each case individually should you need to cancel but if we make a favorable decision and can’t find you a replacement; we can only offer future photography adventure credits. These types of events require locked-in sign-ups due to their small size and prepaid costs, so there are no refunds.
- Please notify us of any special dietary needs and/or allergies.
- By signing up for this photographer model extravaganza event, you do so at your own risk, and we are not responsible for any accidents and/or travel logistic issues you may incur with your transportation carriers. We require safety at all times and common sense. We will provide safety briefings as required. You will sign an indemnification, hold harmless document on Friday night before shooting as we’re on 300-plus acres of land and it is your responsibility to utilize common sense for your safety.
Models and Shooting Expectations for the Event
Our models are professionals. Our photographer model extravaganza event covers Fashion, Glamour, and Beauty photography. Not all models pose nude. Nude or implied nude photography will fall under the scope of glamour or fine-art nudes.
Models from the previous 17 years of our photography workshops and adventures include Playboy Playmates, American Idol star, state beauty pageant winners, published magazine models, and more. Our models and shoots are publication quality.
This event includes models published models. Our goal is to help you acquire publication quality photos and we’re here to help you discover what it takes to get published. Some of the models are agency represented too.
At the end of the event, photographers have the option to secure a model release with each model for $50 per model, up to 10 models. Total model release fees are $500 paid once, for all two days of shooting should you secure a release with each model. Photographers will photograph all models during the two-day shooting period. Models are rotated each day. Releases are provided and are for commercial, non-adult use. We encourage model releases as these models are working for you.
Make-up Artists and Assistants
There will be several make-up artists and assistants to help out at this event. While it’s not mandatory, we will have a “tip jar” set up for them, so budget accordingly if you can—if you can’t, we understand and ask that you at least thank them before your departure for their hard work.
This photographer model extravaganza event is set up for both indoor and outdoor shooting as the location sits on over 300 acres of beautiful land along a river. The location offers several buildings including a lodge, huge barn, plus many covered areas should there be any bad weather. We’re hoping for nothing but great weather in the cooler month of Oct., and there is plenty of outdoor possibilities plus “open-shade” areas outdoors too. Indoors is not a problem, plenty of room!
Cancellation Rules for the Event
This is a first-come, first-serve photographer model extravaganza event limited in size, and because of the logistics that must be planned ahead of time, this is a non-cancel event; should you need to cancel, we will work with you to help you find a replacement, however, no guarantees and no refunds, though we’ll do our best to offer you some type of future credit.
Because of the size and expenses associated with this limited style photography event, we cannot accept requests for refunds when the cancellation is on your behalf, though we will take each situation on a case-by-case basis and work with you the best we can. Don’t get left behind; don’t miss out on a wonderful opportunity. It’s very limited in size, so don’t delay, act now before it’s sold-out!
Rolando Gomez has traveled to 44 countries on photojournalism assignments for over 35 years—he’s worked with many photo editors and knows what it takes to get photos published, including a cover-story for Parade magazine, circulation 32 million printed copies, co-illustrated with the late, Pulitzer prize winner, Eddie Adams. In 1994, when Rolando was an active-duty combat photographer, the Department of Defense honored him as one of the top military photographers in the world.
He is joined by his daughter, an Atlanta based professional photographer with almost a decade of experience herself. They’ve often worked and traveled together around the world and now they want to bring to you their experiences hands on.
Our Customers Do The Talking
Not sure if you want to join us, it’s your first time? No worries. Read the testimonials from actual customers, just click here!
Take Your Photography to Another Level
Come away with photographs, not pics! Your creativity will thrive and your knowledge of photography will increase! Plus you’ll meet new friends! Networking at it’s finest fun!